Monday, June 3, 2013

Last time...I PROMISE!!

Oh goodness...I've done it again!  Here I am posting way more than a week after my last post.  I did some thinking while I was on the sandy, beautiful beaches of Emerald Isle, NC and realized that I'm an adult.  No excuses.  Life just happens and I hope you all are ok with it!

I was so lucky to get to see my college roommate get married on the BEACH!  The combination of sun, sand, ocean, great friends, and chiropractic adjustments made for an amazing recharge session before powering through the last few days until summer vacation.  Thank you Jacci and Kyle for inviting me to be a part of your day....and thank you for meeting so many great friends along the way....who just so happen to be chiropractors too....and then move to beautiful North Carolina.   Really, I can't get over how wonderful the whole experience was.  I can't wait to see you two and Jessie + family in MN in October!  Let's have another wedding! ;-)

Wow, since that beautiful vacation, I've come back rejuvenated and ready to tackle the end of the school year at Robbinsdale Spanish Immersion.  The kiddos are certainly excited for summer and it's rubbing off on me!  Just 2 days left!  WOW!!!

Also, since that trip I've had a chance to jump on stage with The Burbillies at the 331 to play some crazy 80s bluegrass style.  What a blast!  Friday I had off from gigs, but I got to see my future sister in law graduate.  It was fun cheering her on!  The rest of the weekend was full as usual, on Saturday I had the first of many voice lessons which is going to be so helpful over the summer and beyond.  After that, I went to set up and soundcheck with The Big Adventure and then off to the Nicollet with i like you.  The Nicollet was a cool space, check it out sometime! I hope to play there again soon.  The next stop was the Heart of the Beast Theater to raise money for an amazing organization called Secondhand Hounds.  It is a dog rescue organization that saved the lives of over 1,000 furry friends in the last year.  Definitely worth a party!!!!  I really hope we were successful in their fundraising efforts and BE SURE to check them out!

OK!  Coming up...first the 5th grade farewell AND the last day of school.  Such a bittersweet time of year, but I'm looking forward to summer deep down ;-)  I will be starting off the summer with a great run of shows.  On Thursday, June 6th, I get to play at one of my FAVORITE local venues: The Cabooze!  The line up includes Kind Country, i like you., and Useful Jenkins.  There may be some surprises as well, so come on out and celebrate VERANO!  The next day, we head up to play the Reef in Duluth.  After the Reef, we head to Hayward, WI to play at the Park Theater!  I LOVED playing there last time so if you're anywhere near Hayward, come on out!

I have to admit, it's pretty cool when your students ask "Srta. Krueger, what are you doing with your summer vacation?" and answering "well, I'm kicking it off with a nice Northern loop mini-tour."  Definitely stoked for all the other great things in store for this summer!  Stay in touch!


2 comments:


  1. !Enhorebuena! on this blog and all the other news!
    Under the weather 6/6 but looking forward to next Metro area gig!
    _Sally Mays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, Sra. Mays!

    There will be plenty of metro gigs - I especially recommend the Happy Gnome shows 7-10 the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month....mostly because I'm such a St. Paul girl and they have amazing food and such a relaxing atmosphere! Thank you for your comment! I'm so excited to share my specialty with RSI and more!

    ReplyDelete