Wednesday, May 8, 2013

NEW RECORD!!

I just realized how misleading that probably looks coming from a musician. No I did not record a record, I just broke a personal record of gigs per day. Last weekend was a BLAST! Friday night John and I spent some good old-fashioned quality time together and we went out to Ichiban to celebrate his birthday. So happy I'm engaged to someone who also loves sushi! We celebrated then because of the crazy new few days. Saturday I played a wedding gig and then at my favorite Twin Cities venue, The Cabooze! Bonus: because it was Johnny's birthday, he jumped up with i like you and WOWed the audience with some great guitar work. Plus he had a super awesome Back to the Future hat. Super pumped that Srta. Fahey, a teacher friend of mine, made it out with some friends as well. Carnage and Heatbox were amazing to watch - I was curious how i like you would do opening for 2 hip hop acts, but the night was a HUGE success. I danced waay too late into the night!
   

 Photo by Helium Dolphin. GO LIKE HIS facebook PAGE!! HE ROCKS!!
Best "Lasso the Moon" ever - Johnny + Arthur = Johnther....

 Sunday I played 2 church services, booked it to Pickle Park to play a duo set with my sweetheart as The Twin Cities, ate some foods, then played with The Minnesota Bluegrass Band. It was a benefit show a friend was throwing and so many people were there. I really super duper hope that it was successful! I had to jet over to the Happy Gnome then too for our Sunday show. I'm counting the 2 services as one show (like 2 sets), but then the benefit as 2 (2 different bands, one at 1pm, the other at 5pm), and then the Happy Gnome. That makes FOUR!!! I've done 2, sometimes 3...but NOW FOUR!?!?! It was awesome. It was stressful going from St. Paul to Fridley to St. Paul with limited time, but I loved it.

  ...ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE RUNNING, SPARKLES, AND "THE BARN"!!!!!!!
I hope they didn't forget, but a few of us picked up groupons for a rave-glowstick-5K at Valley Fair.  My pace still isn't what I want it to be (of course I did 4 mi instead of 3.1), but I'm hoping the race will kick me into high gear.  After that, head to Mayslacks for Sunshine's birthday....GERMAN SPARKLE PARTY!!!!!!!  Super excited to be all silly!  Lots of sparkles, lots of glitter, and I'll try to revive the little teensy bit of German I still know after filling my brain with more Spanish.  COME TO NORTHEAST!!  I KNOW you're looking for an excuse to wear sequins!

And then on to my favorite rural concert venue....THE LARVAE LOUNGE, aka "THE BARN!!!"

THE BIG ADVENTURE, ARMSTRONG CLAWHAMMER, STEVE SULLIVAN AND THE FACTORY, AMANDA GREEN AND HER MISMATCHED SOCKS
THE LARVAE LOUNGE - KENYON, MN SATURDAY, 6PM-DAWN, $15 GETS YOU REFRESHMENTS, CAMPING, AND ALL THE MUSIC YOUR EARS CAN HANDLE!!

Yes.  The Barn gets bold print AND all caps.  It's that amazing.
Comment and whatnot if you have any questions.

I'm out!!  2nd grade concert, "Lo Mejor de Segundo grado" tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment